Hey Friends! Today, I wanted to share how I transformed the look of our outdoor sectional from drab to fab with the help of an amazing new product from Heirloom Traditions called “Finish -All“. This is a special paint formula with a built in primer and created for those outdoor surfaces.
I did a LIVE video on Facebook recently showing just how easy this was to use.
This sectional has 5 24″ squared seat cushions, 6 large back pillow, and an ottoman with 2 -24” cushions. Every side of the cushions received 2 coats of the paint.
The cushions were originally a taupe color, which was fine, but didn’t fit in with the color scheme that we are changing our home over to.
I was a bit apprehensive to “paint” these cushions because I was afraid they would become stiff and uncomfortable to sit on. I have to be very honest……they turned out great!
I did thin the product down some so that it would go on more like a “stain” on the fabric. The material really soaked the paint up. I used a cheap chip brush to do the seams and corners, then grabbed my pink foam applicator to apply the main surfaces.
Once the first coat was applied, I used a fine and medium sand block to remove some of the coarseness, then gave it a light thinned down second coat.
By using this product, not only did it give the cushions a major facelift, but it made them waterproof.
This sectional currently sets on our side covered porch, but it definitely can handle the elements now.
The cushions do feel just a tad stiff but super soft, if that makes any sense at all..lol!
I’ve decided to paint our exterior doors with this same paint and color. I love it so much and my husband is worried that I will paint every outdoor surface with it. I won’t but the thought sure has crossed my mind…teehee.
Seriously tho, if you have outdoor cushions that are faded or worn, try this paint for an amazing makeover. This sectional is larger than most out door furniture pieces. I ended up needing 4-32oz. containers, which comes to $167.96 total! But to replace all those cushions would have cost me way over $700.00
So there ya have it…a DIY, super easy way to update your outdoor furniture for a fraction of the cost. I’d love to hear if you try this out. Please comment below and include pics.
Thank you for joining me today and I hope you have an amazing week!
Posted by Life Up On The Hill on Monday, June 26, 2017