Hello and welcome back to our weekly menu ideas!
I’m so excited to share a recipe I found on Facebook using kielbasa sausage, beans, bbq sauce and a crockpot. All of those ingredients are up my hubby’s alley. That would be a perfect meal for him and what makes it perfect for me is the crockpot! I love fix it and forget it types of meals, especially after a long day of being busy.
Speaking of crockpots, how many do you have? I have several, well ok maybe more than several! Like maybe an unnatural, strange obsession amount. My most frequently used ones are the 3 that range from small, medium and large round ones. Next is a 2 compartment dip pot….it’s really small. Then I have 2 huge electric roaster pans…those count as crockpots too ya know. I’m the person, everyone calls when they need to borrow a crockpot or roaster pan. For Christmas, a few years ago, we bought our daughter one of those oval crockpots that have a stirring paddle. That’s next on my list. She loves it and I think I would too.:) You can grab yourself one too.
With all this talk of crockpots, I had to throw a few recipes in this week, that use those nifty inventions. So if you have a long day this week and already know you won’t want to cook, schedule one of these recipes for that day.
Let’s do this:
- Crockpot Enchiladas – See recipe card below 🙂
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Crockpot Kielbasa & BBQ Beans
- Better Than Take Out Beef & Broccoli
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken
- Go on out to dinner…You DESERVE IT!!!
Have yourself a wonderfully blessed week!!
- 1 # Ground Beef
- Corn or flour tortillas
- 1 Can of Enchilada Sauce
- 1-8oz. bag of Cheddar Cheese
- Begin by spraying your crockpot with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Next Season and brown the ground beef using onions, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- I usually add a little oil to a frying pan and warm up the tortillas. You can use the corn or fajita size flour tortillas. Add 1 tbl. spoon of oil and heat, then place a tortilla in the oil on each side for just a few seconds. It 's a quick process and you'll need to keep adding a little bit of oil after 2-3 tortillas.
- Now you can start the layering process!
- Add some enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pot to get started.
- Layer tortilla, enchilada sauce, beef cheese....repeat until the pot is 3/4 full, making the top layer enchilada sauce.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-3 hours.